Everyone wants to feel that their health and wellbeing are in the hands of capable doctors and nurses who care about their patients and are good at what they do. But when was the last time you actually checked the safety rating of your hospital?
Twice a year, data from various government agencies and hospital survey sources is collected and compiled by Hospital Safety Score from over 2,500 hospitals nationwide. Ratings are then derived from a 28-measure score that serves to rank and grade each hospital’s safety record.
The latest grades to be released were in the fall of 2014, and five Oregon hospitals earned an “A” grade. Here are the five that made the cut.
1. Adventist Medical Center – Portland, OR
2. Asante Rogue Valley Medical Center – Medford, OR
3. Mercy Medical Center – Roseburg, OR
4. Providence Newberg Medical Center – Newberg, OR
5. Providence Portland Medical Center – Portland, OR
The A-rated hospitals are accompanied by eight Oregon hospitals that received a “B” grade and 14 that received a “C” grade. The full list of Oregon hospital ratings can be found through Hospital Safety Score’s online report. Where does your hospital rank?