Everyone wants to feel that their health and wellbeing are in the hands of capable doctors and nurses who care about their patients and are good at what they do. But when was the last time you actually checked the safety rating of your hospital?
Twice a year, data from various government agencies and hospital survey sources is collected and compiled by Hospital Safety Score from over 2,500 hospitals nationwide. Ratings are then derived from a 28-measure score that serves to rank and grade each hospital’s safety record.
The latest grades were just released in April, and nine Oregon hospitals earned an “A” grade. Here are the nine that made the cut.
1. Adventist Medical Center – Portland
2. Asante Three Rivers Medical Center – Grants Pass
3. Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center – Clackamas
4. Legacy Meridian Park Hospital – Tualatin
5. McKenzi-Willamette Medical Center – Springfield
6. Mercy Medical Center – Roseburg
7. Providence Newberg Medical Center – Newberg
8. Providence Portland Medical Center – Portland
9. Providence St. Vincent Medical Center – Portland
The A-rated hospitals are accompanied by four Oregon hospitals that received a “B” grade and 16 that received a “C” grade. The full list of Oregon hospital ratings can be found through Hospital Safety Score’s online report. Where does your hospital rank?