On Thursday, the NBA released the Western Conference’s top picks for the 64th All-Star Game to be held Sunday, February 15 at Madison Square Garden. Two Portland Trail Blazers are ranked among the top ten—power forward Lamarcus Aldridge and point guard Damian Lillard.
Aldridge, a three-time All-Star, is ranked sixth among the Western Conference’s frontcourt players. Lillard is ranked eighth among the conference’s guards.
Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry has received the most votes (549,095) of the Western Conference for guards and New Orleans Pelican Anthony Davis has received the most votes (524,623) for the frontcourt players. Forward Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers has received the most votes (552,967) overall.
The Western Conference rankings are as follows:
Western Conference Frontcourt
1. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans, 524,623
2. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers, 307,908
3. Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies, 227,554
4. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs, 198,649
5. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder, 191,881
6. LaMarcus Aldridge, Blazers, 152,253
7. DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings, 117,003
8. Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets, 104,699
9. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks, 100,015
10. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs, 74,501
Western Conference Guards
1. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors, 549,095
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers, 521,542
3. James Harden, Houston Rockets, 336,998
4. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers, 257,528
5. Rajon Rondo, Dallas Mavericks, 107,366
6. Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors, 90,957
7. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder, 84,686
8. Damian Lillard, Blazers, 82,884
9. Jeremy Lin, Los Angeles Lakers, 77,276
10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs, 50,287
Voting will continue until Monday, January 19. Rosters will be announced Thursday, January 22 live on TNT.
Visit the NBA website to vote.